This Seat's Taken
a different kind of play
a different kind of field trip
a different kind of bus ride
Show days and times are customized for your schedule.
Group Rate: $10.00/ person for students and chaperones. Teachers are our guests.
Players by the Sea School of the Arts is pleased to announce that we offer a play honoring Rosa Park's courage, This Seat's Taken. Written and directed by our Education Director, Barbara Colaciello, this new play takes the audience on a journey with Rosa Parks and Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. as they look back on the event that became the tipping point for the Civil Rights Movement. The day Rosa Parks would not give up her seat.
Meeting the curriculum standards set forth in the Florida New Generation Sunshine Standards for Theatre and Literature, a visit to Players by the Sea will enrich the lives of your students exposing them to the magic of live theatre.
- Become creatively and actively engaged with history through a dynamic presentation if the story.
- Identify personally with the issues in the play giving them a vocabulary to voice their feelings.
- Empathize with others, experiencing a different perspective than their own.
- Examine their beliefs regarding race relations.
- Understand and identify the dynamics of bullying and aggression.
- Move to a deeper level of thinking about the civil rights movement and how it has changed our world today.
Book your field trip now!
Please Note: Our Main Stage theatre is able to accommodate 160 audience members. We also are able to bring the show to your school depending on if your school can meet certain technical requirements. Please give us a call and inquire.
Contact Barbara Colaciello Williams for more details. 249-0289 or email@example.com .